Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Second Sneak Peek

Second Sneak Peek for Unwilling

Welcome to week two! Hope everyone enjoyed that first teeny bit of the story and you're ready for more. I know it wasn't much, but hopefully you get the picture of how Neely's life is suddenly getting very complicated. 
    In this next scene, you'll get a glimpse of another mismatched piece of the puzzle. Let me know what you guys think. I love feedback, it really helps me work on the stories.
Till then,
Katie

   
This sneak peek is rated G rating symbol


 “May I join you?” Andrew asked politely. His thick accent and much more formal verbiage always made it hard for me to talk to him. I usually spend more time listening to the way he said things than exactly what he was saying.
    “Uh …” I glanced around to scan the crowd quickly hoping Hayden had gotten back. No such luck. “Sure.” I scooted over on the step.
    “Great party,” he said as he sat down slowly, folding long legs and a muscled torso onto the narrow board.
    I imagine it was pretty uncomfortable for him. That actually worked for me since I wanted him to go away sooner rather than later.
    “I’m glad you’re having a good time.”
    My voice sounded remote and bored even to me but he grinned.
    “I hoped we might get a chance to talk tonight,” pausing, Andrew cleared his throat nervously. “There never seemed to be an opportunity for real conversation at school.”  
    I only gave him another distant nod of agreement. Andrew has always been the king of not taking a girl’s hint.


© 2010 Katie Wood
This manuscript is the sole property of Katie Wood and is prohibited from being displayed, copied, electronically discussed or electronically distributed without the expressed written permission of the author.   


No comments:

Post a Comment